Practitioner’s Guide to Migration from Tableau Server to Tableau Cloud
Blog | July 20, 2022 | By Rohan Sinha
Are you considering migrating #tableau server to another hardware or to #tableau cloud?
Consider STORM, a Practitioner’s Guide to Migration from Tableau Server to Tableau Cloud. #STORM provides an overview of multiple Tableau server migration scenarios, approaches, best practices and step by step instructions of the migration process.
Key benefits of the migration
- Cloudify your BI environment and leverage exponential scale advantage
- Flexible infrastructure spend with elastic scale
- Modernize aging infrastructure
- Bridge technology debt / gap with transformation
Industry needs a better, standardized approach to migration than just
- Backup and restore
- Site export and import
We designed STORM to offer a comprehensive solution to all migration scenarios
- On-Prem to OnPrem
- On-Prem to Public Cloud like AWS, GCP
- On-Prem to Tableau Cloud (i.e., Tableau Online)
Let discuss a scenario where we look for Migration within the enterprise i.e., tableau server is moved from one data centre (On-Prem) to another instance (On-Prem) within an organization.
Some of the key events where we may consider On-Prem to On-Prem migration
- Upgrading the current hardware or any compliance and security issue with the current instance
- Moving tableau server to another server for specific requirement.
We are offering a framework driven approach to migration
We, at USEReady have authored a book to share with you our learnings on Tableau.
Check out this link https://resources.useready.com/publications/storm-a-practitioners-guide-to-migrate-from-tableau-server-to-cloud/ to download your copy of this book.